Subject: Heimberger, Ron ?? Author: Larry wiliams Date: 3/17/2003 1:42:45 AM IP: 208.34.10.66
Reply to this message
I can see that many of us Don't like this Heimberger ??Tell me what is the difference Sifu or Master Sifu? Look it's about training Ron is a great sell and a good business man , that doesn't make him a Good Wing Chun man does it ? Money seems to be King and selling and making books . One thing I can say for sure is the word Master is used very lightly in Wing Chun. I can remember one of Graner's Students talking about him and saying he was no master I'm talking about Ron Heimberger what do you think ??
Subject: Re: Heimberger, Ron ?? Author: Scott Kingston Date: 9/27/2003 7:53:27 AM IP: 65.134.184.57
Reply to this message
Several years ago I went to a Wing Chun training camp sponsored by Master Ron Heimberger. I met Master Ron Heimberger at the camp grounds. He is a really nice person. I got evaluated by one of his other instructors and had a bad experience at the camp. I left the camp that same day. I have no disrespect for Master Ron Heimberger but his other instructor could have been more respectful to me. A lot of his students have a codependence to Master Ron Heimberger and the other instructors. I met a student at the camp that had been training for six months and had not even finished learning Siu Lim Tao. I was very suprised to say the least. I asked other students to practice some chi sao and they refused because they had to ask their Sifu if they could do it or not. I just felt that I was not accepted by some of the students or instructors there because I have not been training with one of the organizations instructors. I learned a lot about Master Ron Heimbergers organization. You should always do research before you participate with other Wing Chun organizations.