Subject: Is Hendrik Santo for real? Author: Wassulloo_SAF Date: 4/8/2002 8:34:02 AM IP: 64.12.104.167
Reply to this message
What's wrong with this jack Hendrik Santo?
Few months ago, he made up some pretty story about wing chun and Shan-Hai triad connection. For the last couple of years, he's been telling people that Benny Meng is a nobody, not a real historian. On the other hand, this Handrik Santo himself couldn't back up any of his claims. Why did Hendrik Santo rewrite the script of the wing chun history to fit his own history, Emie 12 Zheung as the most original wing chun? Should he ease up of the policing of his one man history-forum? Is this jack Hendrik Santo a real deal? Could anyone from VTAA or VTM to comment on this Hendrik Santo?
Subject: Re: Is Hendrik Santo for real? Author: Rene Ritchie Date: 9/28/2003 8:34:38 AM IP: 66.130.232.113
Reply to this message
Though he gave up regular training of WCK years ago due to his Buddhist faith, Hendrik remains very skilled. A former Malaysian Kyokushin full contact fighter, he has a very realitic approach to application. His WCK seems rather esoteric compared to most, as it takes a holistic approach and involves traditionally TCM and Qigong like study of the meridians and their alignment, but he can produce scary-quality power. He's also very knowledgeable about related areas like Chinese history, philosophy, etc.

Worth a visit
Subject: Re: Re: Is Hendrik Santo for real? Author: Sanchuron Date: 10/25/2003 8:25:41 AM IP: 205.188.208.39
Reply to this message
Though he gave up regular training of WCK years ago due to his Buddhist faith,(RR)

"Though he gave up regular training of WCK"--So Hendrik could spend more time doing his Gong Show in public. Showing his BUTT --BooHooHoo HeeHeeHee HaaHaaHaa KFO. Is that what you called Buddhist faith? You are funny!
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Is Hendrik Santo for real? Author: SouthWing Date: 11/4/2003 12:01:11 PM IP: 205.188.208.39
Reply to this message

Rene, you like to put yourself in a position where you can make Hendrik a gate keeper of Cho Ga. Hendrik had also put down other Cho Ga Sifu online in order to show his ego. But there is a problem for this claim. Even Hendrik once refer himself as the Cho Ga Gate-Keeper online in front of Chi Sim WC Grandmaster Andrea Hoffman. So far no members from the Cho Ga family have had ever called Hendrik as their GRANDMASTER in public or in private for that matter. But everything from Hendrik's white crane story to the 'Shanghai Connection' article. It is his own speculation at this point, in fact, most Chinese people from Shanghai are well aware of this part of history. This so-called 'Shanghai Connection' article is all about the 'Ching Bong' of Shanghai underground world that has nothing to do with wing chun or any kung fu families at all. Hendrik fall under the spell of a status symbol. Shanghai connection is not WC connection. White Crane connection is not WC connection. The only connection Hendrik has is Rene's WCML.. With Rene's lips and words behind Hendrik's dreams that everything truly binds together for Hendrik's fantasy. But that still doesn't fit within the Cho Ga family tradition. Even people in the White Crane kf families, no one would call Hendrik as their Grandmaster or Gate-Keeper. Hendrik is a dreamer. An outsider like Rene(SumNung/WCML), you should not speak for the Cho Ga or any other WC families.
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Hendrik Santo for real? Author: hendrik Date: 11/13/2003 12:13:37 AM IP: 67.161.40.145
Reply to this message
Great Critics I embarace all. as for what is reality in the past we can't change them.
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Hendrik Santo for real? Author: Curtis Date: 11/18/2003 3:37:21 AM IP: 64.169.91.250
Reply to this message
Phenix
GET OFF YOU HIGH HORSE!

What is traditional Wingchun ANYWAYS?
Is it what your teacher taught you? Or is it what Yip Man did? If so, during what time period ?
I am sorry to say, what Yip Man taught, Leung Sheung (Yip Man's first student.), is not the same thing as what he taught William Cheung, Leung Ting, Yip Chung, Or Even Bruce Lee.
Yip Man changed his training and teaching patterns over the years, who was to say what is right and what is wrong? Or why he changed what he did? One thing is clear, each of these man that I mentioned are masters in their own right, So again I ask, is what is traditional Wingchun if everyone is doing it differently?
I understand peoples need to feel good about themselves.
Lineages are very important to some people, but who is fooling whom?
When you teach a person your art, they naturally modify and change to suit their individual needs, sometimes purposely, other times, unintentionally.
No matter what the core art starts out as ,over the years it changes, this is neither good or bad, it is called evolution.
So before you start knocking down other People's's thoughts and ideas concerning lineages and heritages you must first take a close look at your own! before throwing mud at others.
I strongly believe that there is no such thing as a "traditional" "art".
what we call traditional today, could have be considered a radical idea yesterday, it's whatever perspective you choose to take.
But those are just my thoughts.
Sincerely C.A.G.

Subject: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Is Hendrik Santo for real? Author: Hendrik Date: 11/19/2003 12:21:49 AM IP: 67.161.40.145
Reply to this message
If curtis read my post carefully and understood what I am saying instead of jumping gun. Then he will not post what he post. BTW, that post is about Emei 12 Zhuang. Not much todo with WCK....

http://ezine.kungfumagazine.com/forum/showthread.php?s=2ab700af4e8e2ada0b64ed460f122bf2&threadid=26641
Subject: Who is Hendrik Santo? Author: Chung Date: 12/16/2003 2:06:12 PM IP: 64.169.91.11
Reply to this message
(As for Y Wu, one of the author of the complete WC, Rene and Robert might be able to tell if he is a student of Hawkin or not.
The last time I heard, his ex sifu is sifu Ku Chai Wa not Rev. Lau soon. Y Wu was also asking my siheng to teach him for a short period of time.)

Hendrik Santo, Check to make sure that Master Y Wu and Sifu Victor aren't getting the wrong idea about you. You are a nobody in the Cho family.

(Linking Y WU to Rev Lao Soon to Leong Jan line is not respecting Sifu Ku, Rev Lao Soon, GM Cho On and Yik Kam.)

Attacking Y Wu in the public and bad-mouthing about other wing chun folks online that would earn you a spot where you can appoint yourself as the gate keeper of the Cho family. That must be a joke. Check yourself and review circumstances leading up to your current dilemma. Are you a Cho Ga MaMa San or a Cho Ga Gate Keeper?
Subject: Re: Who is Hendrik Santo? Author: Jerry's friend Date: 12/18/2003 10:57:45 AM IP: 67.115.133.248
Reply to this message
"Great Critics I embarace all. as for what is reality in the past we can't change them." ( Hendrik Santo )

Hey dude, You must be kidding yourself. The person who wants to change the history of wing chun to the white crane history. Its you Hendrik. You took someone else's old article (Shanghai little sword socity) and presented it as your wing chun research. Boy, I must tell you this your such a goofy ball, no brain. How could you say something so foolish?

You often attack Chi Sin WCK in public and said something about Chi Sin is more like a Hung-ga, not really belong to the WCK world. For once, let's present your facts to back up your mumbo jumbo and not running away to avoid answering your own questions like you've done that too many times to many people before.

Another note, if no one from the white crane community ever accept you as their member, why do you keep on saying yourself as a white crane wing chun expert?

Rene Ritchie once said that you don't have enough time to practice wing chun anymore. Is that a fact? How come you have so much time spreading rumors behind your screen?

Jerry's friend
Subject: Re: Re: Who is Hendrik Santo? Author: hendrik Date: 1/17/2004 3:17:08 AM IP: 67.161.40.145
Reply to this message
Another note, if no one from the white crane community ever accept you as their member, ......? ------

In fact, Kuen Kuits from the past has been exchange between WingChun with the white crane Weng Chun family.
and matching with precise fit is obvious by written evidents.

Likes it or not it is not me. It is about facts in the past. No one can change it. sorry that you dont like the facts.