Subject: Master Derek Jones Author: novice Date: 12/27/2003 11:56:32 PM IP: 81.130.252.30
Reply to this message
For months I have read on this forum about fighters such as Emin Boztepe. In my part of West London the name of Derek Jones comes up all the time when talking of being able to apply Wing Chun for the streets. For those who know Emin and knew of the late Derek Jones, who do you think would win in a contest between the two.
Subject: Re: Master Derek Jones Author: vast vik Date: 1/2/2004 2:47:07 AM IP: 62.252.0.4
Reply to this message
emin has a great skill base and is a naturally fast athlete, while derek jones now deceased was a tough and pugnacious brawler.
my money would be on the more athletic.
p.s. nick smart of autodefence and ex-wt master was the scourge of the streets of lancs, his street fights were all victories for him using wt skills.
Subject: Re: Re: Master Derek Jones Author: Curious Date: 1/12/2004 7:44:05 PM IP: 217.45.193.117
Reply to this message
I heard Emin destroyed Nick Smart during a sparring session when both were under Leung Ting.
Subject: Re: Re: Re: Master Derek Jones Author: burning monkey stylist Date: 1/21/2004 10:20:47 PM IP: 195.92.67.208
Reply to this message
i have never heard of the rumour that Emin beat Nick Smart in sparring , no doubt spread after nick smart left Wing Tsun and Emin finally become a master. The fact is in interview for a magazine Emin mentioned that master nick smart was highly reguarded by him as being one of the only instructors teaching decent wing chun/tchun/tsun in the UK.